Everyone has been asking how the first day went. Natalie woke us up at 6:30am and was dressed and ready to go! She didn't seem scared or nervous at all. When it was finally time to walk to the bus stop, she ran the whole way! We made small-talk with the other families at the stop and eventually the bus arrived. It was only then that she seemed to maybe get a little scared. But she did great! The bus driver told her where to sit and she climbed right onto the bus and into her seat. She didn't smile, but waved to us out the window. Then the bus drove away. It was all I could do not to run after the bus. So I had the ugly cry right there at the top of the street for everyone to see. Greg and I walked home and into an empty house (Danny was already down at Miss Cathy's). After he picked me up from the fetal position on the couch, we stayed busy by cleaning house and running errands. It seemed like the day dragged on forever, but when it was finally time to pick her up at school, we found her having a great time in the gym with the other kids. She gave us a big smile and hugs. She talked the whole way home about everything she saw and did, and the rules that she learned.
These are some pictures that I took last week when we went to the Open House at the Elementary School. She had a chance to meet the teacher, look around the classroom and find her seat. So now that she's in school, I picture her like this everyday.



um, i cried reading this! can you pick me up out of the fetal position in 2 years? lol
ReplyDelete