Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sick Day

Don't you just love this time of year? The hustle and bustle of the holiday season. There's a chill in the air. And stomach bugs. As a parent, I should have known that when I was getting Natalie ready to go to the grocery store with me this morning and she said "My foot hurts", what she really meant to say was "I'm going to puke all over the grocery store and we won't be buying much of anything today".

We were only a few aisles into our trip when she started this little cough that she does before she pukes. I asked if she had to spit (our code word for throw up) and she said no, but that she had to use the bathroom. So, I started pushing us toward the back of the store and right in front of the bathrooms .... bleck ....

To my credit, I caught most of it in my reuseable shopping bag. But instead of throwing up right into the bag, she threw up on the side, shot over it (at me!), down the front of her coat, etc. It was a mess. A nice lady washing her hands in the restroom gave me a whole roll of paper towels and "the look" that I took to mean she's been there before. We cleaned up as much as we could, but I still had to get the manager and tell him about our little accident on the floor. And that we won't be needing these items in the cart today.

She just got up from a 3 hour nap and said she feels great. Which is probably true. She usually bounces back quickly. Greg and I on the other hand, if we get this little bug, we'll be out of commission for the next 10 to 12 days.

Here's our sick little girl



Stay well!

2 comments:

  1. ugh. i still can't help but feel guilty that i had something to do with this! poor thing, i hope she's 100% tomorrow! sorry for bringing the chisolm bug to PA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kid. Sick on the sofa is NEVER fun. Get well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete