Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day cont...

I've had a few complaints that my father's day post was a little scarce. I agree, and I was actually planning to post more when the computer starting acting up and I just had to walk away before it ended badly. So, now I'll post a few more pics and also the answers to the "All About My Dad" questionnaire that Natalie completed her last week in kindergarten. My comments are in italics.

Name: Gregory (correct)
Age: 35 (also correct)
What he does at work: He tells people what to do (this is also technically true, but sounds so mean!)
Favorite sport: football (yep)
Favorite food: pizza (I would have actually guessed steak - but he says Ice Cream Sandwiches which now makes total sense to me - we can't keep those things in the house.)
Favorite tv show: football (He agrees with this answer)
What he hates: When Danny is bad (of course she didn't say when she was bad. I asked Greg about this. He said he hates "stupid people", but I think to keep this kid-friendly, we'll stick with her answer).
What I like to do with my Dad: Help him cook dinner (he likes this too)

After a nice cook-out at Mimi & Papa's, it was time for tractor rides. Both kids got a kick out of riding around the yard on Papa's tractor.



And then just relaxed on the deck.

And last week was the first week of summer camp.

Guess who was selected as "Camper of the Week"? She won 2 tickets to the local minor league baseball game.She also started cheerleading and last night was the first practice. Parents weren't supposed to be in the room .... something about them being a distraction .... (whatever!) ... so I snuck this picture from the sidelines with my phone. I was pretending to text so this is the best I could get. She's in the pink shirt/khaki shorts.

And Danny might not be in camp or cheerleading, but he's doing great. He's really growing and learning and changing every day. His little sense of humor cracks us up and his favorite person is still his big sister. He follows her around like a puppy dog and it's really cute to watch. The best part is that she really doesn't mind it. Aside from the occasional hair pulling or Barbie stealing, she really enjoys his company too.

No comments:

Post a Comment