Thursday, December 2, 2010

You might not believe this....

As many of you know, I may have been called a picky eater once or twice in my life. I'm not known as willing to try new foods, but recently Heather and I were talking about spaghetti squash at work and how it's supposed to be this great substitute for pasta. You know, less carbs, etc. I was skeptical until I was at Liz & Ray's just a few days later. It happened to be at dinner time and they were serving spaghetti squash with meat sauce. I just took a small portion - just to be polite! But it surprised me ... it did kinda taste like pasta ... just crunchy. So, we attempted to make our own tonight for dinner:






Look at the noodles. That's just crazy!


We also ate it with meat sauce and although Greg and I both agree we won't be totally replacing our regular pasta, this is a good alternative now and then to change things up. And hey, if I can eat it ... that means you can too. Yes Karen - I'm talking to you!


On a TOTALLY unrelated note, here's some cute pictures from last Sunday when we got to spend some time with Austin:



3 comments:

  1. wait? what? there are "noodles" in the squash already formed like that? I MUST GET SOME! That's fantastic! I am really proud of you for trying something new. I'm going to make you a gold star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE spaghetti squash! Did you microwave it or bake it? Either way, as long as it's sittin' in water, it's good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit, while I doubt it will turn into one of my favorite dishes, I thought your leftovers were okay. Good enough that I think I will even try cooking one myself sometime.

    ReplyDelete