Tomorrow our baby bean will turn five. Five? Wow. It's such a cliché, but really, where has the time gone? I sit here now thinking about how much has happened in the past five years. I've done things that I never thought I would do.
I've wiped runny noses ....
I've caught vomit in my hands to save a carseat, couch or clean t-shirt ....
I've wiped her butt more times that I care to count ...
I've cut up bananas because she loves them ....
I've been the dorky parent in the tumbling class waving like a ninny with the camera trying to capture every moment...
I've been snack mom at soccer....
I've run onto the middle of the field because my baby got hit by the ball and was crying ....
I have all of Hannah Montana's songs memorized (and I actually like them)!
I have planned a party at Chuck E Cheese.
I have registered her for kindergarten.
How did we go from here:


To here?


I look back on the past five years and know that I wouldn't trade one single second. That sweet baby bean that we brought into the world on March 15, 2005 has turned into a little girl. A smart, funny, and ... sometimes with some sass and temper... beautiful little girl with a big heart.
Happy Birthday Natalie! Daddy and I couldn't ask for anything more.
I've wiped runny noses ....
I've caught vomit in my hands to save a carseat, couch or clean t-shirt ....
I've wiped her butt more times that I care to count ...
I've cut up bananas because she loves them ....
I've been the dorky parent in the tumbling class waving like a ninny with the camera trying to capture every moment...
I've been snack mom at soccer....
I've run onto the middle of the field because my baby got hit by the ball and was crying ....
I have all of Hannah Montana's songs memorized (and I actually like them)!
I have planned a party at Chuck E Cheese.
I have registered her for kindergarten.
How did we go from here:


To here?

I look back on the past five years and know that I wouldn't trade one single second. That sweet baby bean that we brought into the world on March 15, 2005 has turned into a little girl. A smart, funny, and ... sometimes with some sass and temper... beautiful little girl with a big heart.
Happy Birthday Natalie! Daddy and I couldn't ask for anything more.
Now, let's go party!!
You've already registered her for Kindergarten! She's so big already!! And I am super impressed that you've cut up bananas for her...now THAT is true love :)
ReplyDeleteYou're so cute. I'm blinking back tears. Happy birthday Natalie!
ReplyDelete