How is Danny 3 years old? Even when typing this post, my finger reached up and hit the 2 rather than the 3. It’s because it doesn’t seem possible. How can it only be 3 years when I really don’t remember what it was like to not have him? I remember laying on the table and the sonogram tech said “it’s a boy!” and I remember smiling through gritted teeth “Are you sure?” because I don’t know how to have a boy. But from the moment doctor told us the cord was wrapped around his neck (No big deal, right?!?!) and he would wiggle his way out, we knew there would never be a dull moment. And he hasn’t disappointed. He keeps us on our toes, reminds us that patience is a virtue, and makes us smile every step of the way. He can be doing something totally awful (like using his hammer on the wall) but flash us his little grin and it makes it seem less horrifying.
I saw a pin on Pinterest once that said boys are “noise with dirt on it”. So true.
Six months ago I was distraught because he wasn’t talking. Distraught! Now I’m distraught because he NEVER stops talking. Ever. But he has a lot to say. Like how he wants to go to “Happy Donalds” (translation: happy meal from McDonalds). Or how he should wear his “baby suit” to go swimming. Or how these chocolate chip muffins are “super yummy”.
His favorite person is still his big sister. Where ever Natalie is, he wants to go. Although coming in at a close second is Greg. This boy cannot get enough of his Daddy. If Greg is in the garage, Danny insists on being right beside him rifling through the tool box or doing who knows what men do in the garage. Even though Danny and I don’t bond in the garage, I will say that when he gets hurt or sick, it’s still his Mommy that he wants. And I’m happy to oblige. I’ll take what I can get!
I saw a pin on Pinterest once that said boys are “noise with dirt on it”. So true.
Six months ago I was distraught because he wasn’t talking. Distraught! Now I’m distraught because he NEVER stops talking. Ever. But he has a lot to say. Like how he wants to go to “Happy Donalds” (translation: happy meal from McDonalds). Or how he should wear his “baby suit” to go swimming. Or how these chocolate chip muffins are “super yummy”.
His favorite person is still his big sister. Where ever Natalie is, he wants to go. Although coming in at a close second is Greg. This boy cannot get enough of his Daddy. If Greg is in the garage, Danny insists on being right beside him rifling through the tool box or doing who knows what men do in the garage. Even though Danny and I don’t bond in the garage, I will say that when he gets hurt or sick, it’s still his Mommy that he wants. And I’m happy to oblige. I’ll take what I can get!
So, here’s a walk down memory lane and some pictures from his pirate themed party. Happy Birthday to our sweet sweet boy. We couldn’t ask for more.





Hee hee, what a cutie. I can't believe he's 3 either! That's a pretty darn nice cake too.
ReplyDelete